Monday, March 28, 2011

Moving Forward...

We spent last weekend at the house painting closets and trim and preparing the floors. A busy but successful weekend. I'll be there all this week too, doing the same thing and hopefully meeting with the various repair people who will be putting our house back together. We thought we'd be moved in by now with a lush green spreading over the fields; planning the garden, pulling weeds from flower beds, putting up fence,but winter just won't let go!
Beautiful....yes, but it's supposed to be spring! It's all part of God's plan and even though we're ready to get to work, we're still in a waiting period. So we'll try to be patient. One good thing that has come out of the robbery is that we'll be able to fix things now that we were planning to fix later and our house will look nicer when we are able to move in. We'll also be able to get more done while we're not living there and I won't have to live in the middle of a construction zone again. I love redoing homes and have had so much fun doing our last 2 but I've got more kids now and I'm getting old and I'm ready to be done. I had to laugh at the grocery store this weekend. The #1 way you can tell I'm working on a house again, I had to pull out 2 screw drivers, a measuring tape, a hinge and cabinet handle out of my purse so I could find my checkbook to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment