Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Can't..

I've been having a few days of "can't" and it's wearing me down. We can't move in until we have a stove.We can't do the gas line for the stove or the electrical inspection until the water is out of the crawl space. The previous owner and our inspector have said that there has never been any water there before. We don't really know if the water is due to more undiscovered damage because the plumber from our insurance company didn't go under and inspect everything when he was repairing the cut pipes or because of groundwater. We really don't know what's going on and I don't feel like it's being checked out fully and I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. If it's groundwater I have no problem paying to fix it but I don't want to shell out $2,500 to fix something  that wouldn't have needed fixing  if it hadn't been damaged in the break in. It's so hard because we only had the house for a day and a half when all this happened and we don't know the house and don't have any answers. I've been trying to be upbeat and put a positive spin on the break in because if I don't, I'm going to be really mad and stuff and I just don't want to go there. But I just can't be OK with it right now. I want to cry. I want to walk away from the whole thing. I just wish this never happened. But it did and I don't know what to do to pick up the pieces anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment