Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why?

Well, we're looking to the Lord and leaning not on our own understanding. We had the keys for a whole day and a half when someone smashed in the back door and stole things and vandalized our home. It still feels like a bad dream. We have been praying for guidance since we began looking for a home and this is the one God gave us and we are so very grateful for it. There is a reason for this, which we don't understand. The problem I'm having is not with the stuff that was stolen, stuff can be replaced, but with the feeling of a loss of innocence. This was the peaceful home where we would finally be able to raise the children in the country, but it just feels scary now. I spent the weekend thinking about the house and crying and then thinking about people who really have it bad right now, like the people in Japan or that family in Pennsylvania who just lost 7 of their 8 kids in a house fire. Then I feel selfish for putting my small troubles in front of theirs and cry some more. I need to put my focus on helping someone in a worse place than me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment