Thursday, March 24, 2011

Picking up the pieces.

  We began our journey of moving forward yesterday. The cleaning crew showed up only to get stuck in our freshly snow clogged driveway. There was much more snow on our country roads than where we are currently staying while the house is repaired. After much tugging they were able to make it and we all took turns pushing each other out when it was time to go. Doesn't sound like fun, but it was!

  My sweet C helped pick up carpet tacks while I pulled them out and I taught her how to patch plaster. Not a bad skill for a 4yr. old to posses, right? Little T was as well behaved as a bored 17 mos. old stuck in a Pack n' Play can be, but we got a lot of work done. The crew cleaned all the mud and finger print dust up and prepared everything for painting.The plumber came and did a preliminary inspection and saw the water in the crawl. I'm praying so hard for that to be an easy fix. The house feels a bit less scary now that it's cleaner. I think when the broken door is replaced and the kitchen is farther along I'll feel even more comfortable. Yay! We're moving forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment